Saturday 11 May 2013

MAY POEM 1: Human trafficking: The story of trust and betrayal.

Once upon a time, I nurtured a dream I foresaw a day I stood on top of the world I could see the green pastures greener than ever All I needed was just a help Along came a man, carrying and sympathetic He listened keenly as I narrated my story He promised to give me the help I needed Oh! God, if only I knew he was just an Actor Before I knew it,I had my visa and passport I can't believe I'm "janding" The eagles have landed; it's my time to shine I will be back in a few years, rich and sophisticated Wait a minute, I'm confused Why do I have a room in a brothel as my address? What am I to do with all these male customers? All of a sudden, the world is on top of me A decade later,I sit in the doctor's office with my HIV+ test result No money, no friends; l feel alone in this foreign land I remember all my childhood dreams and family at home Only God knows the kind and severity of pain I bear Sochima Jennifer Ilonze. 2013 graduating class of FECAMDS ( Culled From 2011 edition of lifeline magazine- 'The Glow.')

No comments:

Post a Comment